Thursday, May 5, 2011

Caring for your skin...and yourself

True statement, not my most creative title to date.

Not that you shouldn't care any other time in your life...but you really do pay a LOT for a wedding (regardless of your budget...any amount spent on it, is a big expense), and by George you want to look good. I'm going to talk about how I take care of my skin and myself...it seems to work for me. I don't have many complaints (except during THAT time of the month...)


(source)

I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary for the big day...just following my usual skin care path...but I'm open to (budget friendly) suggestions that anyone may have.

Daily Routine
-Wash face in the shower (I use an exfoliating scrub) with Target brand Acne Wash Scrub
-After shower, before moisturizer, I use a Noxzema Triple Clean Anti-Blemish face pad, meant to take away a lot of the bad oil. Ironically, this often still comes out slightly dirty even after a shower.
-After my face dries and I finish all my other bathroom stuff, I put on Exuviance Daily Defense with SPF15
-Side note, I also use the Vaseline Protecting Aloe Fresh with SPF15 lotion on any part of my body that will see the light of day.
-When I run, I use an SPF15 Daily Facial Moisturizer by Cetaphil
-When I return home from work, I use the Noxzema pads to take off any surface dirt and then I pass out.

I try to get 8 hours of sleep per night...I usually end up in the 6-7 hour range.

I take vitamins daily (not sure it's helping with my skin). I take the following vitamins, daily:
-Glucosamine (2 tablets) - Helps with my joints from the running
-Calcium (1 tablet) - Because I'm lactose intolerant, and even though I consume SOME dairy...it's nowhere near what the body needs.
-Multi Vitamin (1 tablet) - Women's one a day. Always good to take a multi.
-Fish Oil (1 tablet) - Good for the ticker
-Super B Complex (1 tablet) - By far the best (and worst tasting) vitamin I take. This vitamin gives me so much energy! Vitamin B turns the food you consume into energy. I can't take this vitamin any other time than in the morning...otherwise I can't sleep. Seriously. I love it.

I always take my vitamins with food.

I try to work out at least 4 times per week. Lately I've been working 11-12 hour days, 6 days per week...so the work out routine has suffered. I'm only able to maintain thanks to working in management for retail...I'm on the go ALL day. I think I sat down for maybe 2 hours total yesterday. My feet still hurt.

I don't wear make up, and I'm a chapstick junky.

Those are my 'secrets'. What are yours and do you have any recommendations for me? Right now I'm focusing on not burning, and not getting a farmers tan. I don't want weird lines anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment